ANSELL (UK) LTD.
Environmental Policy StatementThe management of Ansell (U.K.) Ltd. is committed to protecting the environment and minimising any environmental impacts of its activities, our objective is to continually improve the Company’s environmental performance by following the Ansell Group strategy on sustainable development and ethical and social responsibility issues.
The Company has implemented and will maintain an environmental management system to the ISO 14001 standard, and complies with the Social Accountability Policy described within Ansell policies on Business Conduct.
Accordingly, the company has initiated an environmental management programme that will:
- Set appropriate environmental standards and objectives
- Maintain environmental monitoring through independent audits
- Maintain plant and equipment to minimise pollution
- Implement waste minimisation and handling procedures
- Educate and motivate all personnel in environmental management practices
- Maintain reporting systems which keep senior management informed of important environmental information and local social issues
- Third parties such as suppliers, vendors and contractors are advised that our preferred suppliers adopt similar environmental standards to Ansell.
- Comply with existing and wherever practicable, impending environmental legislation and regulations.
- Communicate our Environmental Policy to the public and to any interested parties. A copy of our Environmental Policy Statement will be made freely available. Information on the Company's significant environmental aspects is available from the Regulatory Department.
- Continue improvements in our environmental performance, underpinned by the necessary financial resources, and promote objectives and progress through internal communications to staff, external communications to suppliers.
- Comply with REACH requirements and meet target dates for compliance.
- All new product development will adhere to our environmental policy and all packaging material should be made from recyclable / environmentally friendly materials.
- The Quality Assurance Manager has been appointed to act as environmental management representative.
Philip J. Bates
Director Regulatory Affairs
EP1 Issue 14
Policy Issue 03.11.09